Welcome to the Ahmadu Bello University portal for the screening of candidates that sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for admission into undergraduate programmes of the University. Please take time to read the following guidelines before you register for the screening.
Qualtification for Screening
- Candidates who scored 180 and above in UTME for science based courses;
- Candidates who scored 190 and above in UTME for Arts, Social Science, Law and administration;
- All candidates who fall within the cut off point in (a) and (b) above, must have the prescribed subject combinations in the UTME examination as required by their proposed courses of study (information as contained in the JAMB brochure for UME candidates);
- And must have chosen Ahmadu Bello University as their first choice.
N.B: Those whose UTME subject combinations are not correct need not come as they will not be allowed for the screening exercise.
Procedure for Online Registration for UTME Screening
Registration for the screening exercise will commence from Monday 18thJune, 2012 and close on Sunday 15th July, 2012. Applicants are required to pay a sum of N2, 200.00 for the screening exercise. This is exclusive of bank administrative charges of N200.00. To make the payments, candidates are advised to obtain an e-transact PIN card from any commercial bank and thereafter load the PIN Number for the online registration process by clicking Register for the Screening Exerciseon the home page of Ahmadu Bello University Website (www.abu.edu.ng) and to print out their respective a registration slip. Proceed to make payment and schedule then Schedule-Slip containing location, date and time schedule for the screening.
The printout with affixed Passport Photograph of the candidates and a printout of the UTME result MUST be submitted on the day of the screening. Candidates MUST keep photocopies of all submissions for their own records.
Candidates MUST arrive at the screening venue One Hour before their scheduled screening time, to ensure proper briefing and accreditation.
Please note that:-
(GSM Phones are not allowed during the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Parents, Guardians and uninvited law enforcement agencies will not be allowed into the venues during the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Only the calculators similar to those provided by JAMB will be allowed into the screening venue.
Venues for Screening
While scheduling, candidates resident in Southern States should select LAGOS CENTRE located at No. 1 Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
While scheduling, candidates resident in Northern States and FCT Abuja should select ZARIA CENTRE located at Multipurpose Hall, Faculty of Social Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Any candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise on the date indicated on his/her Schedule Slip would not be considered for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria during the 2012/2013 academic session
Follow the steps below to register
- Type in your JAMB number and state of origin on the login page and click on login
- Enter your valid mobile number, email address
- Upload your true passport size photograph in JPEG format (not more than 100KB) and O/level results (where available).
- Choose awaiting result where applicable. Ensure that your photograph is uploaded.
- Click on the save button.
- You will be redirected to the Portal where you make payment and schedule for the screening
- Print 2 copies of the registration slip and bring along during the screening exercise.
- if you experience any problem with login to the Portal, uploading your passport photograph or OL results call 07067430505, 07067430539, 07067430512 or 07067430531.